Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ending 2008

Wow, I think I just realized that tomorrow is New Years Eve. So much as happened in 2008 I can't wait for this year to be over and start fresh. So let's see what's been going on.


Photobucket



Starting with the gloomy news. My father in law Ruben passed in June. My grandma Ofelia left us this month, in December. Gabe's uncle Ernie passed away around April-May. We've had some other losses, but I don't think it would be appropriate to put in here. (They might not approve). All of these losses have touched our family deeply.

Ernie lived in Guam for many many years... at least for all of the years that I have been with Gabe. He was down at Del's for 6 months right before passing away. He had a great personality, one that was dry and you'd have to be quick on your feet to catch what he meant. That was the best thing about him.

My grandma Ofelia, she was old. She has lived a long life with her many children and grandchildren. I think she was ready to be in heaven with grandpa and I am glad she is no longer suffering. She had altimerz for so many years.

Then my father in law Ruben. This is a hard one, he was such a great man who touched so many hearts. I am teary just thinking of him. I believe he is with us all the time. I go to his house and smell his scent, and just think of what he would have been doing had he been here with us still. Then I tell myself, he is here with us, his spirit is strong and his soul is living on. We think he knew he was going to pass. He told his son Ruben he was tired. He had lived a long very long life of many faces. He had a strong marriage with Del and a great bond with his grandchildren.

I remember every Christmas and New Years and his birthday, one of his grandson's would call every single year. I thought that spoke so many words for the type of man he was. My son Raymond and Ruben had a secret handshake... it was a wiggle of the nose and wiggle of the fingers ... he is deeply missed.

So that is our celebration of life. We celebrate the life they led and what they meant to us as they passed.


Photobucket


The Good news of 2008.

Miranda Ellie was born!! Whoo Hooo!!! Exciting news! She was born 8/7 at 9pm in SR.
Mia Bella turned two this year!!! She potty trained right after as well!! By 24 months she was wearing big girl chonies!

Isabel did cheer this year, she did many positions. Side base and front base. I think she had a great year, it just ended a little sour. She quit because something happened that was totally uncalled for and biased of her coach. Isabel had hurt feelings and didn't think that her coach was a fair person. So we moved on and next year I am looking to coach with our friend Sandra, she is an awesome person!

As far as school goes, Isabel rocks it! Her teachers are talking about honor core classes in Junior High and High School, that is way pretty exciting!! I don't know where she gets her brains from, but she most certainly looks like her mama!

Isabel is also in her first year of catechism. She has this year and next year and she will make her first holy communion. It's a very exciting time for her and all of us.

Raymond played football this year. We did take him out half the season because his shoulder kept popping out of place. Come to find out, his coach gave him pads that were to big on him, so he didn't even have correct guard wear. Piss me off! That is my son, I don't want to see him injured. Raymond also has been doing a youth group at our church. He is broadening his horizons. Meeting new people, learning about God and church. I think half the class is High School students.

Raymond is also in a Catechist class this year. He will be making his communion May 2/3rd of 09. I am excited!! His godparents should be Del and Nick again, but we will see how that goes. So for school, well, he is average. His grades are higher when he is not in football but during the season. His grades drop when he's out of season or during season and playing... if that makes sense. We will see how this upcoming year goes. He will be in High School!! Yes can you believe !! Already!!

So for Gabe and I. Well, I had Miranda Ellie in August, that was a blessed moment. Gabe is still working for the company he had been at. He is now traveling everywhere. From North to South, East and West bay. Makes me sick how much he has to travel. But I suppose a job is a job and we are grateful he has one.

I am still a stay at home mom with all my kidos! I love being home, sometimes it can be trying and stressful. But I know that if I don't soak it up, I will never ever get these moments back.

I am a Catechist teacher this year. I teach Raymond's class. That is nice!! I get to study with him and his peers. Gabe and I are also on our journey with RCIA. We are receiving our full rites into the catholic church. That is special for us. It really started because we wanted to get married in church, but it ended up being a meaningful road since we had a few great losses in our life.

Let's see what else do we have going on... we are preparing for our wedding in 2009.
We got to see my grandma and my mom in March 08, we drove to Texas, that was an experience in itself! I turned 30 this year too! I was pregnant with Miranda, but I got a new Coach purse from Gabe, that was AWESOME!


Photobucket



ok, I think I have rambled on far too long LOL ... so the excellent news of the year

Shelia and Nick are expecting their second son! She is due Jan 09
Elizabeth and Eric are expecting their first child, she is due in July 09.
Andrea and Anthony had their third child in October 08
My brother Ernest and his wife had their second child, Juanita in July 08
My cousin Marta and Fred are expecting their second child in July 09 (I think that month)
My friend Mae and her husband are expecting their second baby in July
My friend Caroline is expecting her second baby!! She is due in July
My friend Missy is pregnant too, she is expecting in July
My 2nd cousin Heather just had a baby girl, her mom my cousin Stella is a grandma Officially the first grandma of the cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate each and every comment.

Have a blessed day!