Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wk4 Over view





Today was a great day at church. The morning started a little rough. Gabe is oncall and had to go to Modesto, that's about 3 hours from us, in the pouring rain, it's longer. So he didn't get to go to mass.

So the reason why I have this photo up on my blog is because that's what the word of the gospel was about. Basically, it's interpretation of it is to be that God is always reaching out for us. Even when we aren't ready for him. And we when are ready, then the space in between us reaching for him, and him reaching back, is the miracle that takes place.

This made me think of my little brother. Since my dad committed suicide about 15 years ago, my brother is not a believer in god. I don't blame him, for a while I too was skeptic. It took a lot of awareness for me to realize just how powerful he truly is and that he has never left my side.

Last week, my sister in law gave birth and her child (my nephew) was in the hospital for a few days because his breathing was sporadic. I don't think they know still today what is wrong. But when we heard of this, our family prayed for his health and return to home. He has been home for a week now.

My brother called me the other night and we were talking for about an hour and a half, the joy in his voice just lit my heart. We talked about god and how we should Baptise his boys. I believe that photo represents god reaching out to my brother, and I have been doing, I think my brother is becoming a believer again, and I can't wait until the day he realizing god has been there all along. That's the miracle the photo represents.

Another reason why I bring up this photo is because a few years back, I had a really good friend (no names to be mentioned) and her and I had a falling out. I was youngish and she was older we both lived different lives. Since our falling out, we have not spoke one word to one another. It's really been awkward seeing her at church. She never smiles at me but I notice her stare.

Well, after our father of our church talked about this photo, and mass is over, who is standing next to me, in front of me but her. She stopped and looked at my child and then looked up and smiled at me, I then return to the smile and even go further as to say hi, as I head out for the door. I believe that was a miracle. Not in the sense that it would never in a million years happen, but just that two people could come together and generate such feeling from just a smile. We will see what comes of it.

So as you can see, I am having a great day now. I went to the store and bought more chocolate and strawberries, bananas and marshmallows. The kids and myself are eating pizza, drinking soda eating chips and salsa, then latter, all the yummy chocolate stuff I put together.

The rain is pounding and the sky is gloomy, but my heart is filled with love and content, I am in such a promising mood, it's one I have not felt in such a long time.
.
.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate each and every comment.

Have a blessed day!