Monday, March 2, 2009

Wk 6 Rite of Election

Gabe and I sat in church yesterday from 9-10am then 12-4pm. We have completed the first step to completing our sacraments for communion and confirmation. The process has been amazing. The people we have met have been extremely friendly and we have become close friends.
Part of the process of RCIA is called The Rite of Election.

Yesterday we met the Bishop for our Diocese. We got to sign a book saying we are committed and promise to practice and walk in the footprints of Jesus. What an honor right. Well, little did we know, we'd meet our Bishop and have his approval. It was amazing, I even had little hairs standing up lol could you imagine, meeting someone so spiritual.

Gabe and I also spent a lot of time together this weekend. It was really refreshing. I realized I had not known how much I missed being near him without stress until this weekend. We did some bonding. It was great!!

As you know, we are in Lent Season. We decided to live as close as we can this year for 40 days to Jesus as possible. We are eating NO red meat the entire 40 days and we are giving up soda as well. Whatever goodies we have in our house, that is it. Once it's gone, it's gone. I went shopping and bought veggies for soups. We are also turning off our TV from 7-8 to bond as a family. We started the process yesterday and has worked really good so far!

Please pray for our family, that in our 40 days of renewing our faith with GOD and Jesus, that we can overcome any temptation that may present itself.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Ellie. I am sure you guys will stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Ellie! I don't think my family ever made it through the entire 40 days. We'll help be your encouragement! When did Lent start? I honestly haven't paid much attention to any of this in years. I haven't gone to church since my son was born, and that was almost two years ago, and I only went a few times a year before that since I was 16.

    Yes! Amsterdam! Well, and a few other places like Rotterdam, Den Haag (The Hague), Gouda, some place in Utrecht, and possibly Gent, Belgium. But I'll be sleeping in Amsterdam :). The teething isn't so bad anymore. At least the eye teeth are done. Those are the worst ones from what everyone tells me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I think thats a really great thing you guys are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate each and every comment.

Have a blessed day!