Today we went to church, as we usually do every Sunday. I broke down in tears, not too many but enough... I was deeply sadden that I could not be there to be with my mom and to see grandma away. I know I shouldn't feel too awful I saw her in March with my kids, but still, my heart hurts that she has passed.
She was a very mean grandma, but I think that is what I loved about her so much. She caused a ruckus in my life, many of times with my parents and myself, but we over came all the silliness and were still one family.
I remember growing up, before my dad passed that everyone would gather at my grandma's house in Alviso. There were great times there in that house!! We would play football outside while all my aunts were cooking in the kitchen. My grandma had the greatest tortillas ooooh I learned to make them from her. And her fideo was awesome!! I learned a lot of my cooking from my grandma actually. My mom never made Hispanic food, it was all American.
I can still remember what my grandma's house looked like. It was a very old Victorian house that had two separate homes in one. The kitchen was HUGE but very old and ugly hahaha ask anyone!! The ceiling was GREEN! Yes, GREEN (an ugly green) and in the living room area, she had these ugly mirrors on the wall, they looked like tiles hahaha, this house had been through everything!! It went through the 82' flood in Alivso.
I remember my grandma would always speak to us in Spanish. She would get upset when we shook our shoulders and said "we don't understand grandma" I think that is why I have encouraged my kids to take Spanish in school. That was something that wasn't done in our house growing up. We just learned enough to know when someone was talking about us.
Ahh bless her soul. She lost my grandfather about nine years ago. I am sure she is resting with him in heaven.
Rest in Peace Ofelia Valdez 10.17-12.26.2008
Small Modern House Designs
11 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate each and every comment.
Have a blessed day!