So we went to church today. It was so uplifting, I think this is the most I've ever cried. We started the mass with the first reading, then second reading and then we heard the gospel reading read by our father. After the gospel, we go back into a room and talk about what we have heard for the day.
The topic was "peeled onions, and cutting back the layers". So I made mention about how my grandma passed away and my father in law's birthday was new years eve and just that life has been emotional and very hard because my kids are grieving, such as we are and I want to show them it's ok to cry but I don't want to cry because I feel like I need to stay strong. Then I started crying. I am trying to let these walls down and let it be ok to have feelings and know that's it's OK without feeling weak for the sake of my kids.
We talked more about living positively and things will always feel better. I suppose like cognitive thinking. It was very uplifting, to hear people have the same issues.
We went back to our pew and sat for the final prayer and right before we ended mass, they had a speaker come out. She spoke about these crocheted shawls. How these woman crocheted them by hand (many many of them) and how they have been sent all over the world. They are for healing broken hearts or sickened people. If you have faith, and believe, they help heal you. Then the father of our church blessed them. It was beautiful.
The first thing I heard was my son say he wanted one for his grandmother. I told him he could pick it out and give it to her when we saw her. So he picked a beautiful white one. As I was walking back to our table, a lady who is in our RCIA group walked up and gave me a beautiful brown shawl. I cried, I broke down in tears thanking her, she told me to believe and stay positive and things will get better. I have never had a stranger come to me and hug me and be so positive about life it was SO uplifting, she laid the shawl on my back and hugged me tight. My husband even cried a little. I felt so empowering, so uplifting, I felt such an amazing energy from her, it was awesome! I will take a picture later of these shawls.
I love our church and I love our community and I love my family.






awe ellie, that is so sweet. im so glad you had a good day today
ReplyDeleteI <3 ya!
Thank you for sharing Ellie! It sounds like you are blessed with caring people all around you! *hugs*
ReplyDelete